Work to be Done

 

“I’m no longer accepting the things I cannot change…I’m changing the things I cannot accept” 

-Angela Davis

 

If I have learned one thing during this shut down, it is that I appreciate the moments of clarity God gives me. I am in tune with what is required for me to maintain my peace and be able to get things accomplished. This journey we are on has a time frame. It is not my desire to share my energy surrounded by unnecessary distractions. Some things will have to be different.

 

In order for me to thrive, I need people in my circle who wish well and not harm. A nurturing environment is what we all need to be able to maintain our sanity with all that is going on. It is not difficult to simply be kind or to be considerate. Some things need to be put to the side so that we stay focused on what we are to do.  There is too much work to be done. At times, it can be hard to stay encouraged while effectively working to change your surroundings for the better.

 

During these times, the peace I need calls me to hold myself accountable to not allow my space

to be burdened with negativity.


·      Choose how you will maintain your peace

·      Know your limitations

·      What are you having a hard time letting go?

 

In the middle of prepping for something I have scheduled and listening to “People” by Jonathan McReynolds, a good friend called me on Duo. This would be another example of just when I needed an encouraging word, God sends a friend with that word.  We talked about my book and her feelings about it. We caught up on the girls and some things with life in general. She blessed me with her words of encouragement. I was reminded that there is work to be done. People are hurting and it is manifesting itself in ugly ways. We have to take care of ourselves. Set boundaries. Protect your space of peace. Whatever may be a hindrance to that needs to be given to God so you can stay focused. Somethings simply are above us. (Proverbs 3:5&6).

 In order to keep pressing during these times, I have no choice but to rely on God and protect my peace.

 

·      Spend less time worrying and more time trusting

·      Stay focused.

 

For me it is just that simple. I will surround myself with a healthy environment that is about building me and each other up. I will set boundaries and put a precedence on my self-care. I will do the work that needs to be done and will maintain an environment around me that affords me the opportunity to be in a healthy space. There is work to be done.

 

Comments

  1. Only Positive thoughts and actions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Even during this time, the word of God is clear, Be anxious for nothing! God is still in control. People should practice the golden rule, by treating people the way they want to be treated or simply be the type of friend that they want to receive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I pray you never wonder what you need to fix.

If Only I Could