Choose Better Over Bitter

 Choose Better Over Bitter

 

A bitter woman says “all men are the same” A wise woman decides to stop choosing the same kind of men”.

 

I understand the “bitter” woman mentality. I have given chances, acquiesced, compromised and overlooked. I have been patient and tried not to trip. I have stifled my feelings and suppressed my voice because I didn’t want to be a “bitter” woman. But it gets hard. Hard to overlook your nonchalant attitude, your I should be thankful you gave me time mentality. I have simply had enough. And before I become that bitter woman you have already tried to frame me as, I will protect my own value and walk away, wish you well and know that even being alone is better than being treated like I have no value. I won’t allow you to treat me like my willingness to meet you where you are made me compromise and you see it as a weakness you could abuse. I am not your pick me up toy. I am a prize! Sadly, one you will never appreciate the value of, because you are conditioned to thinking your time is more valuable than mine; that acquiring your love means I have to settle for less than I deserve.  You have decided that your support and loyalty and consideration and basic empathetic decency does not require you to treat me the way I deserve to be treated. I am more than your bedroom acrobat, your ego supporter or you understanding supportive fall back. I soldier enough trying to be what I need to be for my family and community and my life commitments. To give you to my depletion is not beneficial to me.  I am my own damn force and my own damn happiness and my own damn specialness. So, while your disregard of me makes me understand the “bitter woman” mentality, you don’t have the power to make me be bitter!  Instead you have reinforced how much better I am without you! Good luck! 

Comments

  1. Well said my sister. And yes you are a prize never forget that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I pray you never wonder what you need to fix.

If Only I Could