Fall Back

As Daylight Savings Time approaches this weekend and we annually fall back I have thought much this week about "falling back" and taking a time out. This transition home has not gone as smoothly as I had hoped. To be honest, it has been rough! The good thing is it has been a continued lesson. My feeling like I needed something else to define what happiness looked like was causing me conflict as well as being an unnecessary distraction; as I had life matters to deal with. And while I have been learning lessons, I am sure I have been missing key things because my focus was on the wrong things. I needed to silence out the distractions.


I now find myself home in bed on a Friday evening relaxed and at peace. Phone on do not disturb, and just happy to be! With so much chaos going on in my life I am finding my center. It is not based on who is attached to me. It is based on my love for me being attached to me. It is me being damn good with my own company. With so much conflict and dishonesty. Sacrifice and compromise. Emotional drain and heartache that comes from life, dating and relationships sometimes you need to take a step back to evaluate things. Do some introspection, listen to the word being spoken to you. It is okay when you need to fall back. Sometimes you need a season with yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I pray you never wonder what you need to fix.

If Only I Could