Navigation 

Dating post divorce has completely sucked! Even after two “relationships”, I still find myself trying to navigate what this new “dating” life is supposed to be. Knowing the ratio of men vs women is so disproportionate; I still was finding myself trying to be open.  
More times now than not asking myself what am I actually waiting for? On a recent date, I was asked what exactly I am looking for. I replied, hell, I’m just trying to like a person first. So many women I know have dated men just to say they had a date; to fill the void of being lonely. So many people “posting” their happy lives have us thinking we are missing something by taking time out to discover what we even really like. We feel like if our life isn’t “like worthy” it’s not enough. 
Perhaps taking time out to find out what you really even like is what’s needed. What are you willing to compromise? When have you had enough of his BS to wanna try a different/better option? 
At the end of the day you find you’re now with someone you don’t even like because being with someone was more important than truly vibing and digging them. I myself have loved someone more than I even loved myself and that shit is draining! And will rob you of the willingness to want to love again. Many times I didn’t like him or the things he did, but my love for him out weighed my logic. 
Time is too precious to waste on people we just like but you ain’t  really feeling things about them or some of their ways.  Past all the BS and some of the things they may bring to the table, can you enjoy their company?  Are you willing to accept their flaws? Once  they’ve showed you the few tricks (if any) they may know in the bedroom, what else do they bring to the table. 
While I am very open to dating and want a monogamous relationship; ultimately I want to see how we vibe and if I can even like you. Is that too much to ask? 

Sadly it appears to be too much for some. My assertiveness makes me too strong and my wanting what I want makes me too particular.  Brings me back to what am I waiting for? Whatever it may be I suppose I’ll just be here. Happy to wait for someone I can like enough to want to be open to  while continuing to navigate this new “dating”BS. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I pray you never wonder what you need to fix.

If Only I Could