Remember Your Strength

Remember Your Strength: Generational Traumas

I was asked to write about a moment of inner strength. For me, I cannot say that I can easily pinpoint just one moment. It seems I am always having moments of need to pull from my inner strength. 

The daily fight of living with the generational traumas that have largely shaped the woman I am is not an easy task. It is a continuous press to challenge what these traumas have told me about who I am, what I could be and what I would never be. It is a daily press to be the woman I strive to be despite these traumas. It is a fight to be the healed version of me, the forgiving version of me, the authentic unapologetic version of me. A woman striving to break the chains of the bondage that these traumas have been for me in my journey. 

There were chains that tried to stagnate my progress. The reminders of the trauma and the responsibility that comes with the charge of being a Super Woman in the face of it all can be a huge weight to bare. In the midst of it all, I rely on knowing my utmost inner strength comes from God, however, the Super ‘human” Woman that I am at times gets weary. I have heard it said “Don’t let your cape become your noose”. This sparked my awareness; it made me pay attention to how generational traumas were in fact affecting me. 

I saw a description of what the “Super Woman Complex” is, it was described as “To remember Everything, to make Everything look perfect, to do it all and have it all, AND Without help.”

The very description is an afront to my reality and a detriment to any woman’s progress in this “strength” journey. Acknowledging that I cannot handle some things on my own, or in this case being able to garner the strength needed to deal with the effects of generational trauma and how they have impacted my life is simply facts! 

Believing that God has the power to help me rise above any circumstance and situation speaks to my faith and to the long-standing track record of what God has proven himself to be for me time and time again. He has been my peace when I was unsettled, my provider in times of lack, a healer and a protector. Loving me enough at times to even have to protect me from myself. 

 As I continue to peel back the layers of how generational traumas have affected me along this life’s journey, I do not have just one moment of inner strength to describe, I have moments. Moments of trusting God beyond what I can see. Believing in the words of 2 Corinthians 12:9 (AMP) “but He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you [My lovingkindness and My mercy are more than enough—always available—regardless of the situation]; for [My] power is being perfected [and is completed and shows itself most effectively] in [your] weakness.” Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ [may completely enfold me and] may dwell in me.” 

With God, I do not need to don my super woman cape alone. With him, I am safe, I am protected, I am covered, I am loved. I can release my burdens and allow him to be my strength when I am in need; leaning not to my own understanding, acknowledging it is he who will make the paths along this life journey straight. 

 #RemeberYourStrength #DopeClarity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I pray you never wonder what you need to fix.

If Only I Could